Wednesday, March 1, 2017

by the sea

No comments , Share It:

I've always tended to prefer the mountains over the beach. A major part of that is associating the mountains with family. I know I'm in the minority though. It wasn't until I got a little older that I began to appreciate the beach more. Sure, I always loved going as a child and swimming out in the waves for hours, but I didn't feel connected to it.

Cape Hatteras National Seashore, North Carolina

Charleston, South Carolina

Port Royal, South Carolina

That started to change when I began going in the off-season, when the shore wasn't packed full of other bodies and umbrellas as far as the eye could see. Walking along the sand listening to the tumultuous winter waves crash on the shore with no other soul in sight, that's what made me start to get it. The vastness of the ocean pulling you into something greater than yourself, while feeling so small but so connected. The sound of the waves and the seagulls, it's the best kind of white noise as any app will attest. The sun beating down on your shoulders in the summer or taking the harshness of the wind away from our cheeks in the winter, elevating your mood. The sunrise on the East Coast with the water reflecting the pinks, or the glorious West Coast sunset vibrantly red to remind you how life is an art if you'll just see it that way.

Jupiter Beach, Florida

Vancouver, British Columbia

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Santa Monica, California

The ocean, it ask you to cast out your cares into the tide, all you have to do is listen.

Cape Lookout, North Carolina

Amelia Island, Florida 

Boston, Massachusetts

"For whatever we lose
 (like a you or a me), 
it's always our self 
we find in the sea." 
-E. E. Cummings 


Ocracoke, North Carolina

Tybee Island, Georgia

  
Vancouver, British Columbia 

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina


What's your favorite memory by the sea? 

No comments:

Post a Comment